When I was in grad school studying nutrition, the field of nutrigenomics (how genes and nutrition interact) was just getting started. The human genome was in the process of being decoded, and scientists were beginning to make rapid progress in finding out what each gene does.
The thought that we could personalize each person’s medical treatment based on their genes was, and still is, tremendously exciting. Now we know what many of our genes do, how they impact our health, and how nutrition works to turn them on or off. For years I have been looking for a practical way to use this information with each of you.
I have finally found a good, comprehensive genetic test that I can offer you all to make the work we do together even more effective for you.
Would you like to know:
- If you need specific forms of vitamins to feel your best?
- If eating fat will make you gain weight, or feel full and eat less?
- If eating a very low-fat diet will reduce your cholesterol, or if you will do better with lots of fatty fish and nuts?
- If statins are likely to cause you significant muscle pain or not?
- If you should eat dairy foods?
- If you clear medications and toxins out of your system quickly or slowly?
- If you need more than the recommended amount of antioxidants in your diet?
I would like to know all of these things and more about my clients, and now I can get the results of 55 gene variants with just a little saliva. Its that simple – spit into a tube and send it to the lab.
This information is powerful, and makes personalized medicine a reality in the here and now.
Once the lab runs your test, we will each get a copy of your results for review. I will analyze the results and we will have a session to discuss how to tailor your diet to fit your unique genetic profile.
Click the “Contact Me” link above to get more information and schedule this new genetic test. I can’t wait to use this powerful information to improve your health.