The fastest, easiest way to boost your energy and speed healing is with a green smoothie.
If you’ve never tried one, and have no intention to ever try one, hear me out.
You’re thinking I’m talking about putting spinach into the old Oster blender you got as a wedding gift decades ago. And that would indeed be less than delicious. But if you get a good blender, the greens become so smooth you don’t even know they are there, and all you taste is the sweet fruit.
Sound better? I thought so.
Once you try one, and experience how good it can make you feel, you will love your smoothies, too. I promise.
Here’s how to do it:
- Get yourself a good blender if you don’t have one. A Vitamix or Blend Tec are top of the line, but a Ninja or Nutri-Bullet will do the job too. You can find them all at a Costso or a Bed, Bath and Beyond type of store.
- Pour some liquid in the bottom of the blender, about 1-2 cups. I use water, but you can use juice for more sweetness or if you need to boost your calories.
- Add several hand-fulls of fresh baby spinach or other tender green. Do not use frozen greens, they are way too strong.
- Now add a few other veggies like carrots, celery (a little goes a long way), summer squash, or anything else you think will taste good.
- Then add some frozen fruit. Bananas give your smoothie a great texture, berries are full of immune-boosting nutrients, mangoes and pineapple are tasty and healthy.
- Optional additions:
- Avocado makes it smooth and rich.
- Lemon juice takes away some of the “greeny” taste if it is too strong for you.
- Ginger and cinnamon too.
- Experiment to see what you like best. You will want to add a few ice cubes if you are using fresh fruits.
- Blend until it is really smooth, and enjoy! Your smoothie will last several hours if you keep it cold.
If you want to have a smoothie as a meal, add some protein powder, Greek yogurt or peanut butter. I like mine as an afternoon snack. It gives me the energy to get through the day without keeping me up at night like a coffee would.
The benefits of a green smoothie are huge: tons of nutrients, fiber, antioxidants, and they are easy to make and easy to take.
Please give it a try, and let me know how you like your smoothie!
Research in the News:
Fruits like strawberries and raspberries have been proven to reverse esophageal and oral cancer. Watch these videos (they start a little dry but by minute 2 they get better!), each is just five minutes, to get the scoop. Click here for the strawberries video; and here for the raspberries video.
Leave a Reply